What’s up, Franklin?
Franklin Home Page has a segment where local reporter, Brooke Wanser, discusses the last week’s headlines and upcoming news via Facebook Live.
We hope to hear from you while we are online. We encourage you to ask questions about the issues we are discussing and let us know what you want us to investigate.
If you can’t tune in while we are live, be sure to check it out later in the day. With the weekly Facebook Live, Home Page Media Group is aiming to give you the news in an interesting and accessible new format.
As a preview, this is a roundup of headlines you will hear about.
LAST WEEK’S HEADLINES
- Ken Thwaits, the founder of Precision Dynamics International and owner of Franklin Road Apparel and Showtime Motorsports, is heading to Las Vegas for the final leg in a racing series he has been competing in for three years. He will race is Mitsubishi Evolution Lancer on Saturday and Sunday, vying for the top prize.
- Members of the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board gathered at their headquarters Thursday to denounce planned white supremacist rallies in Murfreesboro and Shelbyville on Saturday. The rallies took place and were largely uneventful.
- Alderman elections are over, with just over 10 percent of registered voters turning out to the polls. Three incumbents saw victory, while one newcomer came away with a resounding win.
- Approximately 5 percent of registered voters turned out during the early voting period for Franklin’s alderman election.
- Franklin Tomorrow is hosting a Breakfast with the Mayors Tuesday at Rolling Hills Community Church. The topic of discussion will be education.
- The Heritage Foundation will unveil a new brand and kick off its 50th anniversary celebration on Wednesday with a ceremony at the Old, Old Jail.
- Mercy Healthcare’s first prayer dinner will take place at St. Philip Catholic Church on Friday evening. Tickets are still available for individuals and groups.
- Wine Down Main Street is Saturday from 7 to 10 p.m. Funds raised go to support the Boys and Girls Club of Middle Tennessee.