What’s up, Franklin?
Franklin Home Page has a segment where local reporter, Brooke Wanser, discusses the last week’s headlines and upcoming news via Facebook Live.
We hope to hear from you while we are online. We encourage you to ask questions about the issues we are discussing and let us know what you want us to investigate.
If you can’t tune in while we are live, be sure to check it out later in the day. With the weekly Facebook Live, Home Page Media Group is aiming to give you the news in an interesting and accessible new format.
As a preview, this is a roundup of headlines you will hear about.
LAST WEEK’S HEADLINES
- The City of Franklin gave residents a sense of what’s to come with a meeting about the future construction on Franklin Road from the Harpeth River to Harpeth Industrial Court on Tuesday night.
- Continuing an inside view of what’s going on in each Franklin ward, Alderman Scott Speedy gave us a tour of new developments in Ward 3.
- Miss Daisy’s Kitchen held a soft opening for the new location off Mack Hatcher Parkway and Hillsboro Road on Thursday. Watch the video here.
- For the second year, the Nashville Elvis Festival took over the Franklin Theatre this past weekend.
- The Pilgrimage Festival will host their launch lunch this Tuesday at The Factory, announcing their lineup for this fall’s concert.
- The city Planning Commission met last week to discuss the mixed-use residential plan for Avalon, a proposed development in Cool Springs. A neighborhood meeting will be held on Wednesday evening to get resident feedback.
- Look out for profiles of the three candidates running for the state house seat for District 63, incumbent Rep. Glen Casada, Rae Sanchez, and Democrat Bill Peach.