The Tennessee Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA) recently named its 2019-2020 Executive Board, including two veterinarians from Williamson County.
The Board is comprised of veterinarians from across the state.
The newly elected officers are:
· President – Danny Walker, DVM, University of Tennessee at Martin;
· President-Elect – Matt Povlovich, DVM, Tennessee Equine Hospital, Thompson’s Station;
· Vice-President – Tai Federico, DVM, Riverview Animal Hospital, Chattanooga;
· Secretary/Treasurer – Margaret (Midge) Phillips, DVM, Clovercroft Veterinary Hospital, Franklin;
· Immediate Past President – Russell Reel, DVM, Morristown Animal Hospital, Morristown;
Six members-at-large were also elected to represent East, West and Middle Tennessee. They are: Joanne Hibbs, DVM, Tazewell Pike Animal Clinic, Corryton; Robert Monin, DVM, Mountain Empire Large Animal Hospital, Johnson City; Bob Parker, DVM, Shelby Center Hospital for Animals, Bartlett, Laura Dabney, Northside Animal Clinic, Humboldt; Beau House, DVM, Nashville Veterinary Specialists, Nashville; and Julie Buford, DVM, Nashville Veterinary Specialists, Nashville.
Deloris Green Gaines, CMP, serves as the executive director for the Tennessee Veterinary Medical Association.
About Tennessee Veterinary Medical Association
Since 1909, the Tennessee Veterinary Medical Association has been committed to advancing the science and art of veterinary medicine. More than 1,200 members work to ensure that laws and regulations promote the health and well-being of all animals, and protect public health and human welfare. Large and small animal practitioners, students, and veterinary school graduates make up TVMA membership. For additional information, please visit www.tvmanet.org.