The American Red Cross is counting on volunteer donors to give blood and help ensure patient needs can be met this summer.
During the summer months people are less inclined to give blood due to their schedules. Vacations, school breaks and busy summer schedules make it difficult for people to find time to donate.
The public is asked to schedule an appointment to help ensure that hospitals and patients have the blood they need this summer. Anyone can make an appointment to donate blood by downloading the free Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Listed below are a few upcoming blood donation sites to visit between May 21 and June 15.
- Nashville Blood Donation Center, 2201 Charlotte Ave. Nashville, TN, 37203
- Kroger Bellevue, 7087 Hwy 70 S. Nashville, TN, 37221
- Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, 2800 Opryland Drive Nashville, TN, 37214
- Christ Church YMCA, 15354 Old Hickory Blvd. Nashville, TN, 37211
- Walmart White House, 225 Wilkinson Lane White House, TN, 37188
- Murfreesboro Blood Donation Center, 501 Memorial Blvd. Murfreesboro, TN, 37129
- First Presbyterian Church, 172 West Main St. Hendersonville, TN, 37075
- Otter Creek Church, 409 Franklin Road, Brentwood, TN, 37027
- CoolSprings Galleria, 1800 Galleria Blvd. Franklin, TN, 37067
- Kroger Marketplace, 4726 Traders Way Thompson’s Station, TN, 37179
Specific dates, times and more locations are available to view on the American Red Cross website.