Franklin reschedules Christmas Tree Lighting for Sunday to avoid thunderstorms


Franklin reschedules Christmas Tree Lighting for Sunday to avoid thunderstorms

Due to inclement weather the City of Franklin has decided to reschedule the Christmas Tree Lighting to 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 2.

Forecasters are predicting an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Friday and a 90% chance on Saturday. Sunday there is a 10% chance of rain. Temperatures top out in the 60s on all three days, with a high of 67 expected on Sunday under partly cloudy skies.

Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation (MTEMC) is the presenting sponsor for the 2018 Franklin Tree Lighting Ceremony.

Freedom Intermediate School Honors Choir will appear along with acclaimed singer/songwriter Holly Williams, and songwriter and recording artist JT Hodges. Organizers also say there will be some surprise performances from local artists. Later Mayor Ken Moore will lead the countdown to light the tree. WKRN News Two morning anchor Neil Orne will emcee the event.

Free photos with Santa will be provided by Williamson Medical Center beginning at 4:30 p.m.  Mars Petcare is offering a pet friendly photo opportunity on the square.  Free hot chocolate will be offered to the first 300 guests, sponsored by the Pilgrimage Festival. The Downtown Rotary and Franklin Noon Rotary will be handing out free cider and cookies.  The Franklin Locals will also be volunteering.

“We thank our partners who help us give this special gift to our community.  It’s so nice to have families of Franklin join us to light our spectacular tree and help spread Christmas Cheer,” Mayor Ken Moore said.  “We invite everyone to come out beginning at 4:30 p.m. Sunday when the festivities begin. The performances will start at 5:15 p.m. We expect to light the tree at 5:45 p.m. We thank everyone for adjusting their schedules to attend this great community event.”

For more details visit http://www.franklintn.gov

tree lighting
Off-site parking will be available at Pinkerton Park and Bicentennial Park which are both walking distance from the downtown square.

About The Author

Related posts

Leave a Reply