Ed Underwood will help you know your homeowners insurance coverage
Homeowners insurance may cover losses to covered property caused by:*
- Weather: Storms, fire, wind, hail, lightning, freezing, weight of ice, snow or sleet
- Non-weather: Theft, vandalism, riots, aircraft and vehicles
- Sudden/accidental: Water from plumbing, tearing/bulging of heating or cooling systems, artificially generated electrical current
* Please refer to your actual policy for a complete list of covered property and covered losses.
Homeowners insurance may not cover:*
- If the insured intentionally causes harm to property or person
- Business pursuits or professional services. Learn more about business owners policies.
- Ownership, operation, or maintenance of aircraft, motor vehicles and some watercraft
* Please refer to your actual policy for a complete list of losses not insured and policy exclusions.
State Farm HomeIndex® Home Inventory Tool
Without walking from room to room, could you make a list of everything in your home—all of your furniture, electronics and other valuables? It might be harder than you think. But with the State Farm HomeIndex tool, you can create a home inventory to help you keep track of your belongings and be better prepared in the event of a fire, burglary or other emergency.
The State Farm HomeIndex tool is a fast and easy way to document your things at no charge. Using your smartphone, tablet or computer, you can:
- Create and edit your home inventory any time by uploading pictures and adding or removing details
- Email your State Farm HomeIndex inventory to anyone you want—your State Farm™ agent, a family member or yourself
- Estimate how much insurance you need by better understanding the value of your belongings
- Create labels for moving or storing items using our Pack and Label system
Types of Home Insurance Discounts
Multiple Line Discount
When you purchase various insurance policies from State Farm, you could be eligible for auto and home insurance premium discounts.
Home Alert Protection Discount
You may qualify for homeowners insurance discounts if you have installed fire, smoke, or burglar alarms or any other home monitoring system. Contact your State Farm agent to see if you are eligible for the Home Alert Protection insurance discount.
If you are considering the purchase of a home monitoring system, check out our special offers to State Farm customers.
You may qualify for discounts on your homeowners insurance premiums if you use certain impact-resistant roofing products. Premium reductions are not available for roofs that have been overlaid onto existing roofs, except for certain qualifying metal roofs. For a list of qualifying roofing products and the states where discounts are available, please view this information:
To be eligible for a reduction in your homeowners insurance premiums, you will need to complete the following certificate:
Before installing an impact-resistant roof and for more information about roofing discounts, please contact your State Farm agent.
Homeowners insurance discounts are not available in some states. To determine what discounts you are eligible for please contact your State Farm agent.
In addition, choosing a higher deductible may result in more affordable home insurance. Higher deductibles lower your premium, but increase the amount for which you are responsible if a covered loss occurs. How much risk are you financially able to assume on your own in order to lower your monthly premium?